1) Do you have White Vinegar, Rice Vinegar, Cider Vinegar, and White Wine Vinegar in your cupboard? (4 Pts) Give yourself a point for every type you do have in the cupboard.
2) Do you have both white and dark balsamic vinegar? (2 points)
3) Do you have more a colored salt or specialty salt like truffle? (1 point per salt) Kosher doesn’t count.
4)Do you have dried mustard and Dijon Mustard? (2 points)
5) Do you fresh garlic? 2 points garlic any form 1 point
6) Do you have specialty Asian sauces like fish sauce, oyster sauce, tiger sauce, Thai Chili sauce, bean paste, Sriracha sauce? 1 Point for each sauce
7) Do you have quinoa, faro, bulger, and orzo on your shelf? 4 Points One point if you know how to use them in cooking.
8)Do you have bleu cheese, feta cheese, a Mexican Cheese like queso fresco or cotijo, Boursin, goat, or sharp cheddar? 1 pt each
9) Have you used frozen puff pastry? 2 points
10) Have you combined recipes because you didn’t like the components of the recipe? 2 points
11) Do you grow herbs or vegetables for use or go to a farmer’s market and get them? 5 points
1-10 Points – You need to learn to cook at home
11-20 Points – You cook but you could be more adventureous
21- 25- You like to try new dishes but may not be cutting edge
26 Plus–You could work in the local cutting edge restaurant. You may need help with pork belly but most dishes will be fun to create!
I thought of this quiz when I was looking for rice vinegar and Terakiyi sauce the other night. I also had recently cleaned out the cheese and meat container in the refrigerator. I don’t have goat cheese currently but I left off Tiger Sauce from the list. Maybe I should get my Food Handler’s license so I can go to work for someone in town.